Skip to content

Neera romance not carrying into BG2 EE

Hi, I just started a BG2 playthrough and so far I am loving it but one thing that is bugging me is that I don't think my Neera romance has been properly carried into my save. In BG1EE I had the full romance with her and she even was in my party when defeating Sarevok. The thing is I just met her in the forest and instead of talking to me about how thigs where back in the Swords Coast (I checked some videos to see how it's supposed to be properly imported) she started talking about the Irenicus thing. So, I guess my question is, is there a way to know if the romance carried properly? And...Can I change / add something into the EEKEEPER to be able to enjoy those extra dialogues? Right now my variables are:

NEERALOVETALKS= 3

NEERAROMANCEACTIVE=1

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    The romance doesn't carry over as far as i know. But correct me, if i'm wrong.
  • rockwandrockwand Member Posts: 39
    Ummm, that's weird Iolien. I've found this video and the very first conversation seems to imply that there is a way. Unless that's a developer video and it wasn't implemented in the end...which will suck. Here is the video anyway. I assume the dialogues are in the game so my question is which variable and state triggers them. Thank you anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARN-jYlwj0
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited May 2014
    As far as I am aware, when the romance options were designed there was no way to import variables. That means that there was also no way to carry over a romance. It is the same reasoning as to why Minsc and Jaheira are in Irenicus' Dungeon even though they could well be dead, or the player may never have recruited them in the first game.

It could also be by design, allowing players the opportunity to woo the character of their choice even if they did not do so in the first game.

@Jalily would know better than I.
    Ok, so I guess I'll just have to assume she and my CHAR just had a fling and now they are in that akward position where they are cautious because they don't know what happened with each other in those months after they parted ways. I can live with that I guess but I think I would have been best not to be able to romance her in BGEE (just stay friends) if it wasn't possible to carry on with the romance. I know, it's a small detail, but a bit off puting. Well, thank you Troodon80 and PLEASE jalily or someone haha, if there is a way / patch for making this work, please, share your wisdom with the rest of us. Thanks agains guys!
    edited May 2014
    Oh, thanks a lot, Jalily! Since I just meet Neera I don't mind for the romance to start again. That's actually what I want.

EDIT: Thank you so much. I just tried it and it worked like a charm. ;)
    Post edited by rockwand on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Jalily said:

Romances weren't carried over because there was no way to import variables, although that should be rectified soon.

To see the extra content now, set OHN_bgeeromance to 2. Warning: The romance will start again from the beginning.

Really? You can do that? There is extra content? Wut?